11 September 2012
Ephemera: Sarah Bedford & Co.
Advert for Sarah Bedford & Co cut glass manufacturers, engraved by W & T Radcliffe, circa 1805. The shop is at 14 New Street, but later, after number changes, becomes 16 New Street. The advert depicts the Georgian shop front with the fanlights above the door and windows, decorated capitals to the columns and frontages and the windows filled with the wares. To find out more about this shop, and it's neighbours, click here.